The Ghost of Bruce Springsteen

Bruce-bileet, foorumitapaamiset, cover-bändien keikat
cortinaGT
The Wind and the Rain

Re: The Ghost of Bruce Springsteen

Viesti Kirjoittaja cortinaGT »

Niin olikin! Huhtikuun 18. päivänä varmaankin huomattavasti paremmalla foorumiedustuksella palaillaan. Tässä aluksi settilista:
Set #1:
1.The Ghost of Tom Joad
2.One Step Up
3.Promised Land
4.Prove it All Night
5.Cover Me
6.Atlantic City
7.Darkness on the Edge of Town
8.Spirit in the Night
9.Two Hearts
10.The River<3
Set #2:
11.Thunder Road
12.The Rising
13.Fire<3
14.My Hometown
15.I´m Going Down
16.Downbound Train
17.I´m on Fire
18.Hungry Heart
19.Streets of Philadelphia
20.Born to Run
Encore:
21.Dancing in the Dark

Että tämmöstä setlist from hell -osastoa! :D Aion palata asiaan raportin muodossa. :)
Helsinki, July 31, 2012 - Once in a Life-time
cortinaGT
The Wind and the Rain

The Ghost of Bruce Trio Live at Ruby & Fellas, Tammersmith, 20 February 2015

Ladies and not ladies! After seeing a total of four full-band shows performed by this awesome tribute band, my expectations were high with an open mind. I didn't know exactly what and how they would do, but that was just the charm of it. With Lasse on the piano, Saku on the telecaster, lead vocals and harmonica, and Yyteri Tomi on the acoustic guitar, some serious quality time was at hand, most probably.

After 11.30 p.m., Saku begins the show with a nice solo interpretation of 'The Ghost of Tom Joad', to be followed by a stunning surprise choice of 'One Step Up'! WOW!! Next we hear a beautiful version of 'Promised Land' and happiness fills everybody's heart. 'Prove it All Night' follows, and Saku plays a terrific solo on his Telecaster like there was no tomorrow!<3<3<3 Fifth, Tomi suggests a Jarmo Nikku -style ending for 'Cover Me', and what he says, goes this time. An ever-lovely series of standard choices on Ghost of Bruce shows follows; 'Atlantic City', 'Darkness on the Edge of Town', 'Spirit in the Night', 'Two Hearts' and 'The River' in beautifully performed minimalist trio versions keep our spirits high in the sky and leave our hearts hungry for more.

After a 20-minute break, the fellas return on stage, opening with a lovely 'Thunder Road', to be followed by 'The Rising'. Next, a pretty rare classic makes us happy; 'Fire', originally written by Bruce Springsteen for Elvis. 'My Hometown', 'I'm Going Down', and 'Downbound Train' keep us happy, but then Tomi begins strumming a catchy rock'n roll jam intro, and I'm like: "Is it a bird? Is it a plane??". However, it turned out a nicely different version of 'I'm on Fire'! Great! After this discography road trip across the 'Born in the U.S.A.' -album, we are satisfied with 'Hungry Heart' a different version of 'Streets of Philadelphia', and, of course, the triumphantly wild 'Born to Run'! After a minute or two, the fellas step back on stage for 'Dancing in the Dark' as the finishing wild encore of the night. :D
cortinaGT
The Wind and the Rain

cortinaGT kirjoitti:En huomannut murretta kuunnella, aikalailla nykynuorison kieleltä kuulosti. Ajattelin kokeilla myös Alcatelin video-ominaisuuksia tosimielellä tänä iltana Fellasissa. Aika lupaavia olleet pikakokeet... :D
Nättiä jälkeä Alcatelin kameralla tuolta sain. Toki on mahdoton pitää yhteensä lähes pari tuntia kännykkäkäsi vakaana, mutta ihan mukava matkamuisto tuollaisenaankin. :)
cortinaGT
The Wind and the Rain

GT:n makuun hienoimmat helmet perjantaina olivat ehdottomasti harvoin kotimaisina covereina kuullut 'One Step Up' ja 'Fire'. Muutenkin tällainen spontaanimpi ja harjoittelemattomampi ote puki Sakun, Lassen ja Tomin lahjakasta coverointia trio -kokoonpnossa aivan fantastisesti. :D Mistä biiseistä muut paikallaolleet foorumilaiset piditte eniten?
Sandy
Factory

Viesti Kirjoittaja Sandy »

Tietääkö kukaan minkä kokoinen tuo seuraava keikkapaikka On The Rocks on? Pitäskö ostaa liput ennakkoon? Nimimerkillä "Lippupaniikki, paras paniikki"
the dope's that there's still hope
Riku
Photographer

Viesti Kirjoittaja Riku »

Sandy
Factory

Viesti Kirjoittaja Sandy »

^ Kiitos Riku! Kai sitä voisi ryhtyä lippuostoksille, ihan vaan huvin vuoksi..
the dope's that there's still hope
cortinaGT
The Wind and the Rain

^Taidanpa kans kehittää lippupaniikin ja suorittaa liiketoimen ensi tilassa...
Kartsa
Street Poet

Viesti Kirjoittaja Kartsa »

Liput hommattu Rocksin keikalle. Siellä nähdään!
And I swear I found the key to the universe in the engine of an old parked car
cortinaGT
The Wind and the Rain

Hain myös oman pilettini puoli 2 maissa Ärrältä. :D
Vastaa Viestiin