jjvirta
Mr. Collector

15.4.2024 - Albany, NY, MVP Arena

Viesti Kirjoittaja jjvirta »

Alkuperäinen päivämäärä 19.9.2023

Tässä taas Stanin rapsaa:

MVP Arena, Albany, New York
Monday, April 15, 2024

Wow!! Double WOW!!! These shows are just getting better and better. Bruce is rejuvenated for sure! Whether it's additional days off, not feeling ill anymore or just glad to be back onstage, he's delivering one outstanding show after another.

Spontaneity is back!!! You don't know what he will open with or play. Only two more shows in the U.S. and for those going to Syracuse and Columbus, you will be in for a treat for sure.

Show started at 7:34 p.m.
1. Candy's Room
First time played in 2024.
Last played at the Aug. 26, 2003 show at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts.
I believe the last time it opened a show was on Sept. 27, 2003 in Milwaukee. Someone correct me if that's wrong.
2. Adam Raised a Cain
Tour premiere. Last played at the Feb. 9, 2017 show in Sydney, Australia and only played twice on the 2016 tour.
3. Lonesome Day
Bruce: "Albany!"
4. Ghosts
5. Letter to You
6. The Promised Land
7. Atlantic City
Played for the second time in 2024 (first was in San Francisco on March 28 and for only the fifth time this tour).
8. Trapped
Bruce: "Albany! Albany! Can you feel the spirit?"
9. Spirit in the Night
Friend said the sound went out on some speakers but did come back on pretty quickly.
10. Hungry Heart
11. Nightshift
Racing in the Street was in the No. 11 spot on the printed setlist. Nighshift was No. 12.
12. Racing in the Street
Played for the third time in 2024 and the only fourth time on this tour.
Beautiful version for Albany.
13. Last Man Standing
14. Backstreets
15. Because the Night
16. Downbound Train
2024 tour premiere. Played only once in 2023, at the July 2 show in Oslo, Norway.
17. She's The One
"I'm on Fire" was on the printed setlist but Bruce yelled to the band that it was "She's The One."
18. Wrecking Ball
19. The Rising
20. Badlands
21. Thunder Road

Encores
22. Light of Day
Played for the second time this tour. (It opened the March 31, 2024 show in San Francisco). Only played for the fourth time at an E Street Band show since 2016. I believe it's the first time it has opened the encores since the Oct. 4, 2003 show at Shea Stadium in Flushing, New York.
23. Born to Run
24. Bobby Jean (appeared to have been an audible)
Both "Rosalita" and "Glory Days" were on the printed set list and not played.
First time "Rosalita" has not been played in 2024.
25. Dancing in the Dark
26. Tenth Avenue Freeze-out
Band introductions. Bruce did not say "Floor-f***ing" tonight. You could see he was really sweating through his shirt after he came back onstage after returning from the back of the pit.
27. Twist & Shout
Was not on the printed set list.
28. I'll See You in My Dreams

Show over at 10:16 p.m. for a 2:42 show.

Notes: Sign spotted in the pit: "Thank you John Hammond."

Jessica Springsteen was spotted in the pit.
"Prove It All Night" not played for the second show in a row, was played at the first seven shows in 2024.

For those U2 fans, you might recognize Nils' guitar tech. It's Dallas Schoo, who has been The Edge's guitar tech for years.

Thank you to Leary Field and Howie Chaz for great livestreams. It is so appreciated!

Next show: Thursday, April 18 at the JMA Wireless Dome in Syracuse, New York. And then one more show, Sunday, April 21 in Columbus, Ohio, before the tour heads to Europe.
"I believe in the love that you gave me
I believe in the faith that can save me
I believe in the hope and I pray that some day
it may raise me above these Badlands"